Profiles of notable Tsimshian people, anthropologists and other scholars who have worked with the Tsimshian, and missionaries who worked among the Tsimshian. … Notable Tsimshian people »»
Notable Tsimshian people
Famous Gitxsan People
A list of profiles of notable people of Gitxsan descent.
- Cindy Blackstock, Activist for child welfare and Executive Director of the First Nations Child and Family Caring Society of Canada. She is also a professor for the School of Social Work at McGill University.
- Simon Gunanoot, long sought-after fugitive later cleared of wrongdoing
- Walter Harris, hereditary chief and artist/carver
- Doreen Jensen, artist, carver, activist and educator
- Judith P. Morgan, painter
- Billy ThunderKloud, singer/entertainer, recording artist, 1975 Outstanding Indian of the Year, hereditary chief
- Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, artist/carver
Caldwell First Nation
The Caldwell First Nation land base is located in Leamington, Ontario, Canada. They are an Anishinaabe group, whose members are originally of the Mikinaak (Turtle) and the Makwa (Bear) dodems. … Caldwell First Nation »»
Carrier Sekani Timeline
A chronological timeline of important events in the history of the Carrier Sekani peoples beginning in 1763. … Carrier Sekani Timeline »»
Ahousaht First Nation
Ahousaht First Nation is the most populous First Nation on the west coast of Vancouver Island, the largest Nuu-chah-nulth Nation. The Nation is a confederation of multiple former tribes: the Ahousaht, Manhousaht, Kelthsmaht, Piniit-thlaht, Qwaacwi-aht, O-inmitisaht, and Otsosaht. This joining began before the arrival of Europeans. … Ahousaht First Nation »»
What is the Protocol for Eagle feathers?
The Eagle feather is the most sacred and honoured gift given to an individual. Respect is key in relation to Eagle feathers. Only certain people are able to take Eagle feathers from the Eagle. … What is the Protocol for Eagle feathers? »»